Role Models 101

Having a conversation with a friend can quickly get u thinking about a lot of thing. As he was basically forcing me to admit that his favourite artist is a GOD, I started thinking. "Do we idolize to much that we forget ourselves"
Music is about passing on massages of Hope, Love, and simply Fun. But it has come to my observation that people get pretty aggressive when you speak your own opinion about thier favourite artist. One would want to talk about Oprah for example and expect you to agree with you. Forgetting that we are all individual who look up to people who we connect with. For a example I personally connect with Rihanna for just one reason. "I relate to her childhood story." She was bullied for being light skinned and I was bullied for being Fat. She was emotionally and Physically abused, same as I was. A father who was eddicted to something and my mom was always drunk. They is a connection, and that will never change. But I would never pick a fight because I feel like someone should also follow her. You are u, we have our different backgrounds, so look carefully for some celebrity figure that best represent u and your life. But be aware that it can suck u in and u will forget that u also have a lige to live.
I see that a lot of young people dedicated thier lives to know what his or her role model eats for super than what they eat for super. This has become so consuming that people consetrate tooo much on these celebrities and miss there time in the real work. Opportunities come and go while u busy talking about which song is beat at that moment.
I love music with my heart and soul but it crushes me when someone who says they also love music tells me they only listen to a number of artists. I mean "Music shouldn't be about massages?" We really have missed the purpose of it if we hand pick artist because of how many poeple are following them.
To close this thought process, I don't look up to anyone but me and my GOD. I don't have parents, I was raped as a young boy, took a long time to forgive and forget. So No Nelson Mandela, Beyonce, Oprah or Rihanna would ever be my role model. I am my own roled model coz I work just as hard to have an acceptable life for me.
Instagram @wandarsa
Twitter @WandaNHMchunu

Comments